Christian Religious Education
December 30, 2008 KCSE Exams
EXAM SAMPLE # 1
Answer any Five Questions
1. a) Outline the differences in the two accounts of creation in Genesis 1 and 2.
b) From the story of the fall of human beings in Genesis Chapter 3, state the effects of sin.
c) Identify any four causes of evil in Kenya today? (4 marks)
2. a) State the characteristics of the covenant between God and Abraham. (5 marks)
b) Explain the importance of God’s covenant with Abraham. (10 marks)
c) .What lessons do Christians learn from the incident when Abraham was willing
to sacrifice his son Isaac? (5 marks)
3. a) Describe the nature of the Canaanite religion.
b) Identify ways in which King Jeroboam contributed to religious schism between
Judah and Israel. (4 marks)
c) What life skills do Christians need to use in order to fight corruption in Kenya today?
4. a) Describe the characteristics of false prophets in the Old Testament. (7 marks)
b) State the teachings of Prophet Amos about the day of the Lord. (8 marks)
c) How can Christians assist the church leaders to perform their duties effectively?
5. a) Explain the different occasions when Nehemiah prayed.
b) In what ways did Nehemiah demonstrate qualities of a good leader during his time? (7
c) What is the importance of prayer in the life of a Christian today? (5 marks)
6. a) What changes have taken place in the rite of initiation in Kenya today?
b) Identify moral values taught to the youths during initiation to adulthood in traditional African
communities. (6 marks)
c) Give reasons why female circumcision is being discouraged in Kenya today. (6 marks)
EXAM SAMPLE # 2
Answer any Five Questions
1. a) Outline what Angel Gabriel revealed about John the Baptist when he announced his .
birth to Zechariah. (6 marks)
b) From the story of the early life of Jesus up to twelve years, identify ways through which
he is seen as coming from a poor background. (8 marks)
c) Give reasons why children should take part in church activities. (6 marks)
2. a) Describe the temptations of Jesus in the wilderness before he began his public ministry.
b) What lessons do Christians learn from the temptations of Jesus? ( 5 marks)
c) Identify problems faced by new converts in the church today. (7 marks)
3. a) Outline the events that took place on the Mount of Olives before the arrest of Jesus.
b) Give reasons why Peter denied Jesus. (8 marks)
c) Why is the death of Jesus important to Christians? (5 marks)
4. a) Describe the healing of the Gerasene demoniac in Luke 8:26-39. (8 marks)
b) State ways in which the Holy Spirit was manifested on the day of Pentecost. (6 marks)
c) How are the gifts of the Holy Spirit misused in the church today? (6 marks)
5. a) Outline the Christian teachings on marriage. (6 marks)
b) How should Christians prepare for marriage? (8 marks)
c) Give reasons why some Christians break their marriage vows? (6 marks)
6. a) Explain how unfair distribution of wealth can lead to social disorder in Kenya today.
b) Identify ways through which Christians promote justice in Kenya today. (7 marks)
c) Give reasons why Christians in Kenya are against the death sentence. (5 marks)